Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Year of the Rat

Oh you the clever one. You the virtuous one. You have went so far as to make your points known and have searched high and low to find the best bargains. Year of the Rat. You really are a character. I have known of you for a long long time and I adore you despite your flaws. You know, the ones you try so desperately to sweep under the rug.... ALL OF THE TIME! Your inherent fear of people discovering those flaws really perplexes me. When behind closed doors, you actually really are something to behold.

I'd swear that when others aren't looking, you become something that is unlike what you portray all of the time. It is interesting that you hold onto this until you finally find your inner peace. But the true beauty of you, is the genius that you  hold secret. You make startling discoveries that you keep secret and yet there is a whole world that actually does love you for what you actually are. You shouldn't be worried about hiding it, be yourself. 

Now initially, you never trusted me. You wonder how it is that I see right through your disguise and that bothers you immensely. You analyze me from head to toe and the fact that someone so simple and flawed can see through your veil actually gets to you. I get it, you like staying hidden. You like keeping private things private. But from where I am standing, you'd have a much easier life, if you were more honest with yourself. 

We've had our conflicts before. Where you and I would have a misunderstanding of sorts, but then you go off the deep end, like I purposely wish to destroy you. Then you find out years later from mutual friends, that that was never the case at all. But instead of actually making up with me, you hold onto that grudge. It hurts you only in the end game. That grudge you hold is  yours and yours alone, because I have already forgiven the misunderstanding.  I've already moved on from the pain and regret, and the judgment of you. 

I actually still love you despite what you think. Your harmful non you ways do not phase me one bit. Because I know how things end up alright for you in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment